Most effective home chest workout routine (Dumbbells)
ss_blog_claim=b18a47aa613b398d94180b01bb82cfcf

Most effective home chest workout routine (Dumbbells)




Chechnya-based Russian Islamic University

A couple of months back while I was still living in Nevada, I sometimes only had time to workout in the gym provided by the neighborhood where I lived. One night after work I decided to go for my late night session, unfortunately so did everyone else. The gym was crowded and all the machines I had my mind set on were being used. As I walked back home thinking about how badly I wanted to get in a good chest workout, I thought about what I had available to work with at home. Dumbbells and……..well that is basically it. On my short walk home I was putting together what might have been one of the best chest workouts I have ever done. It was three simple dumbbell chest workouts with a little twist that made the routine so amazing. What made it even better is, I could perform all the workouts on the floor with no bench.
The routine
Each workout is performed in 4 sets with 8-10 repetitions. 8-10 reps may or may not be enough with the amount of weight on your dumbbells, but with a small twist, I am sure it will be plenty.
1) Dumbbell Chest press
2) Dumbbell flys
3) Dumbbell front press (Laying on your back holding dumbbells vertically with elbows to your side, push the dumbbells up and inward toward the middle without changing the direction in which they are pointing.)
The twist
Here is what takes this routine to the next level. You will be super setting each and every set with a set of push ups. For example, for the chest press you perform the first set of 8-10 reps, immediately after your first set you will continue with a set of push ups till failure. Obviously the further into the routine you go, the less push ups you will be able to perform, that is completely fine. Whether you do 10 or are only able to complete 3, you will still be putting the needed strain on the muscle.
Turning it up a notch
The way I performed the routine was pretty basic and I got a great pump. I was so amazed with the result of the workout that I figured I would turn it up a notch. Considering there are so many other forms of push ups, why not switch it up a bit right? So, if you are going to be performing the routine regularly, eventually you will increase your ability to perform regular push ups and the routine could be less effective or just take longer to complete.
Here is a list of different types of push ups you can integrate into the routine to make it a little more challenging and effective.
-Atlas push ups
-Diamonds
-Finger tip push ups
-Clap push ups and
-Hand stand push ups
Enjoy!
Try it out and please leave some comments on how you feel about this killer home chest workout after you have tried it. I know I loved it, hopefully you will feel the same. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment with any questions.
Sponsored Links

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

will this give me the chest i dream of and if so how long with hard work take to show

Anonymous said...

Hey, so my arms were quivering once I was into my second rep. Really good suggestion on adding the endless push-ups to the chest work out. Brilliant!!

MuscleMonsters said...

Comment number one, this can eventually build your chest to the shape and size that your are looking for. Especially if you are consistent and eventually change up the program as i explained in the "turn it up a notch" section. How long will it take? That is going to depends on a lot of things like, your diet, your current physical shape, and your goal. I cant tell you a time, but i can tell you that it absolutely will work.

Comment two, I think its awesome that you tried it as soon as you did. About adding the endless push-ups, so basic yet so effective right? Im glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

I love handstand pushups! But I thought it wouldn't do much for the chest, but the arms and the shoulders, right?

MuscleMonsters said...

Yeah im a fan of hand stand pushups as well. They can work great for the chest if u can get a bit of an angle. It also is great for triceps and shoulders. Supper setting handstand pushups with one of the workouts listed would work good, whether u do them at an angle or not, at least you can work the triceps and shoulders.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the idea of the workout without the expense of a gym membership! This is a great article I really like this routine. I use http://www.fitclick.com to change up my workout routine every 3-4 weeks so my body does not adapt to the workout routine. They have thousands of free workout_plans workout Plans available. Here is the direct link - http://fitclick.com/workout_plans Best of health!

Post a Comment